Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Thats A Whole Lotta Cash


NME.com reports that Madonna officially announced her deal with Live Nation yesterday, where she’ll get her own stake in her albums, tours, merchandising and more. The financial details concerning the ten-year agreement were not divulged, but they are rumored to be worth 120-million dollars.

Madge said in a statement, “The paradigm in the music business has shifted and as an artist and a business woman, I have to move with that shift… For the first time in my career, the way that my music can reach my fans is unlimited. I’ve never wanted to think in a limited way and with this new partnership, the possibilities are endless.”

An insider told the Associated Press that Madonna would receive an 18-million dollar signing bonus and a bonus of 17-million dollars for each of her next three albums. The singer is still contracted to make one more studio record and a greatest hits for Warner Bros. Records.

No comments: